Snow! We got snow all day yesterday. It prevented us from attending a Halloween party, but was beautiful to watch and it was nice to stay in all day. I think we ended up with around 4 inches. The snow was good and wet, perfect for building a snowman. Lorelai and I tried our best as Isaac continued to knock the snowman's head off. We finally got him built and then Isaac ran off with his arms. Oh well, we all had a good time.
Last night, we carved our pumpkins. Both kids helped scoop out all the squishy, slimy innards. Lorelai really seemed to enjoy that. I was very impressed with Lorelai. She drew her face and cut it out by herself! I only helped trim up some of the holes. She went with a more traditional Jack-o-Lantern face. Hers has a side-smile though. Isaac chose a bat. Bryan helped him to carve the pattern.
 |
| A boy and his pumpkin. |
 |
| Time to scoop! |
 |
| Removing the carved pieces and cheesing it up for the camera. |
 |
| Ooooo. |
 |
| Lorelai carving her pumpkin. |
 |
| The squishy innards are so fun! |
 |
| I think she was trying to demonstrate the side-smile but it looks like she's yawning. |
I can't believe you already had a snow storm! I love the snowman- especially the leaf crown! Tell Lorelai her pumpkin is great!
ReplyDeleteI don't think I'm a fan of October snow. However, most of it melted today, so it wasn't here for long. After I got a picture, Lorelai tackled the snowman! It was pretty funny!
ReplyDeleteWe're jealous of the fun in the snow, but I admit that it's pretty early. We were going to carve our pumpkins this weekend, too, but Tommy threw Elizabeth's across the room and cracked it open, so we just skipped it and are admiring everyone else's handiwork. Nice bat!
ReplyDelete