Lorelai really enjoyed opening her gifts! She was happy to get some new crafts, clothes, and sparkly pony! After some playtime and a call with Grandparents, we headed out to lunch and the ice rink.
Lorelai decided on a lunch at Dairy Queen. She had her usual hot dog and sprinkle cone. Next we all went ice skating! What fun! Isaac was really apprehensive at first, but was running on the ice before too long (with the aid of a walker)! He did take a break for a while, but returned to the ice ready to try some more. He said he was scared, but also brave. Lorelai did great as well. By the end she was starting to move quickly and tried skating without her walker. When public skate ended, we stayed behind to watch the Penn State hockey team warm up for a game against Rutgers. Lore was ready to leave after warm-up so she and I went to the car to play. Isaac and Bryan stayed to watch most of the first period and left with Penn State ahead 3-0. Bryan said Isaac really enjoyed it and cheered on the home team. I think we'll be back another day.
We picked up pizza on our way home to have for dinner later. Back home, the kids played while I finished up Lore's cake. We had dinner, stamp time, cake, a game, baths, and then finally bed. It was a long, fun day and I think Lore enjoyed her 6th birthday.
| Lorelai got this really neat foam sticker mosaic kit. Here she is showing Isaac how to do a picture. |
| Lore and Izzy playing with Lore's new play-doh cake maker. |
While waiting for the Zamboni to finish up, Bryan and I got some pics with the kids.
Out on the ice!
| Lore's rainbow sprinkle birthday cake-yum! |

Sounds like a really fun birthday! I especially love the cake!
ReplyDeleteThank you Emily!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like she had a wonderful birthday! You did a great job making it special for her. The playdoh cake maker looks fun! We have a teeth maker and a puppy. I can't wait to take our kids ice skating. I haven't taken them yet since I'm not very good, but if they have the walkers, that would make it easier! The cake looked great, too!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jess! Those walkers are great! I can really fly with them!
ReplyDelete