Friday, December 9, 2011

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas!

Yesterday, the kids and I set up the mini tree in the playroom but we're having a rough time trying to get it to look like a tree.  It really got smooshed in the box this past year.  So that tree is a work in progress. 

Tonight, we finally put up our Christmas tree!  Isaac helped get it out of the box and Lorelai helped string some extra lights.  Both kids had fun with the ornaments.  Isaac enjoyed just playing with them and had quite a collection of "toys" by the end of the evening.  Lorelai was a big help with decorating the tree and hung many of the ornaments.  It was really neat to listen to her memories of certain ones, like a time capsule that Bryan and I got for our first Christmas together.  Bryan and I each read the scroll inside to the kids and Isaac considered that to be his bedtime story.  ☺  Lorelai also put on the tree topper, our gold cross.  I think it turned out quite nice. 

Such a strong boy.

Playing with his monster truck ornament.

"Mom, I don't want to hold for a picture."

Lore doing a great job with the tree.

Daddy reading "Our 1st Christmas" scroll to the kids.

Last but not least, the gold cross.

Isaac hung all his ornaments on the very bottom of the tree.  He's so cute.

2 comments: