Today, the kids and I visited the Festival of Trees with some friends. We have lived here for over 8 years and this was the first time I've ever even heard of it and it's just down the road from us! Anyway, The festival is a display of dozens of trees that are thematically decorated by different businesses and organizations in the area. Donations were accepted to support United Way Partner Agencies. There were also several craft vendors, Mr. and Mrs. Claus-they were handing out candy canes, and activities sponsored by the new Discovery Space Children's museum downtown. The kids had so much fun running around with their friends! They made their own catapults to fire marshmallows and help build a house out of these straw-like tubes and connectors. It was a nice Saturday outing.
 |
| Lorelai with her favorite tree-I think it was because of the pink Pom-poms. |
|
|
 |
| This was my favorite tree-Dr. Seuss! Very fun! |
 |
| I think Isaac really liked this sea creature themed tree. |
|
 |
| Puppet-master Isaac with a little red dragon. |
 |
| Lorelai making Little Rabbit dance around. |
 |
| Here is Isaac constructing his roller coaster. |
 |
| Now, with everyone working on it! |
 |
| Helping to construct a house! |
 |
| Now, how do we get them to stay in there? Well, it didn't last long, the boys crashed through the wall just before completion. |
 |
| Watch out! |
 |
| "Cannonbolt!" |
I loved all the photos from this! I love Christmas Tree Festivals! We have one here that we attend each year, too. They don't have toys for the kids, though. That is a nice addition. It looks like they had a lot of fun building the house. Abby would have been right in there! My favorite trees are more traditional or have a bird theme! The Tree Festival we attend also has wreaths, which I love! And you can bid on each wreath and tree and win it to take home! It raises money for one of the local nursing homes. We bought an OSU wreath for Barry and Chris once. I was so excited when we had the highest bid! It helped that we went on the last day.
ReplyDeleteThat's neat! Wreaths would be pretty too.
ReplyDelete