Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Family Game Night- Xbox Kinect

First, a quick catch up from yesterday.  Our computer was doing something weird so I didn't get to post.  Isaac had a check-up with the eye doctor and it went well.  His right eye is improving!  Isaac has been doing a great job with his glasses and patching time.  The doctor recommended keeping the same patching schedule for now (4 hours a day, 3 days on/1 day off).  Isaac is still expected to have to patch until around 7-8 years old.  It's a great thing that he doesn't mind!  (*He has accomodative esotropia.)

Also yesterday,  Isaac and I made stamps from foam stickers and bottle caps.  It was a super easy craft!  I got the idea from my new, favorite website, Pinterest.com. 




Now, tonight.  This evening was our weekly Family Game Night and we all enjoyed games on Xbox Kinect.  Bryan introduced us all to Raving Rabbids, (so named for the giggling rabbits I guess) in which there were three short games to be played.  The first was sort of like Whack-a-Mole.  The rabbits would pop up and you needed to jump on them.  Second, was Guitar Zero, a much simpler version of Guitar Hero.   The third game was one in which you needed to bend your body to match different shapes, like a teapot or crocodile.  Lorelai really enjoyed all of these!  Isaac, however decided that Fruit Ninja would be more fun.  In this game, all kinds of fruit go flying through the air and you have to karate chop them for points.  Isaac is great at this!  He has quite a chop!  It's especially fun to watch him do this rapid, continual chop to explode a pomegranate!  High Ya!


Lorelai stomping the bunnies!

Bryan rocking out on "Guitar Zero" with support from Lore and Iz.

Isaac decided to add a little percussion.


Fruit Ninja!

Chop!  Chop!

High Ya!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you have a family game night on the schedule. And I'm seriously impressed by how clean your place looks at the end of the day. We can never see that much carpet during the kids' waking hours! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Emily. That is the Living Room. I should show you a picture of the Playroom (it's my big job for today). I try to keep the Living room up for Bryan.

    ReplyDelete