Friday, September 23, 2011

Yeah it's Friday!

With the 4th week of school finished, we are starting to get the hang of our new schedule.  Some things were dropped, so it doesn't seem so hectic right now.  I like that!

Monday- Lorelai had dance and I took Isaac to the library.   We played with their very nice Duplo zoo.

 Tuesday- Lorelai received a "Growing as a Good Citizen" certificate for trustworthiness at an All-School  Gathering.  Unfortunately, Isaac's playdate for the day was cancelled.  It was nice however, that Bryan was home and the two of them played Transformers.


Wednesday- I attended my first PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) meeting.  It was a bit overwhelming.  I didn't commit to anything just yet, but plan to help out with some activities during the year.

Thursday- This was the first day that Lorelai did not want to go to school.  The full days  caught up with her and she just wanted to stay home.  It was a trying morning, but she did make it to school.  Isaac and I spent the morning sorting through clothes for an upcoming consignment sale and then he played trains.  We found out that afternoon that Isaac's soccer class had been completely cancelled.  He didn't even get to go to one class.  So Bryan took him out to get some cones and a new ball so that they can practice together. 


 Friday (today)- Well, this afternoon was a little scary.  I was waiting for Lorelai's bus  and when it arrived, Lorelai did not get off!  I panicked.  After myself and another mother asked where she was a few times the driver finally remembered that she had fallen asleep in her seat and as she sits behind him, he didn't see her in the mirror.  He almost drove off with her! The kids next to her woke her up and she made it home!  Whew.

 Today was also Lorelai's first playdate with her new friend.  The little girl lives in our complex!  The two of them had so much fun playing and drawing.  Isaac even got to come along and play with her older brothers and their toys!  He had a great time too. 

Throughout the week, Lorelai has been working hard on her "Book About Unicorns".  She has filled an entire spiral notebook!  I was impressed with the facial expressions and attitudes of her people.

Lorelai yawning after waking up.

I like these "running legs".  She's chasing after the unicorn.

Waving her finger in the air to make a point.

I love this!  Waiting impatiently for the unicorn with crossed arms, sad face, and tapping foot ( I don't do that, by the way).

She got really mad! 

Lore looking through her finished book.  On this page, two unicorns meet and raspberry each other..  :)

4 comments:

  1. I love Lorelai's book- her drawings are so expressive! I especially love the mad girl :) It sounds like you are all pretty busy- I love the updates, it makes it feel like we are not so far away! Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy and I are big fans of her book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys like it! I'll pass that on to Lorelai. This past weekend, she used almost 2 whole tablets of drawing paper making books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like her book, too. Great ideas and facial expressions! I am so sorry you had the scare with her on the bus! How frightening.

    ReplyDelete